Health and Safety policy
Health and Safety General background
London Fire Alarms takes the safety and welfare of our customers and anyone engaged by, or working with, London Fire Alarms, very seriously.
Our Health and Safety Policy plays an important role in setting and making clear the standards of health and safety that we apply in our business.
It is important that you read and ensure you understand the content of this policy. If you have any questions about it, please direct them in the first instance to Terry Halpin of London Fire Alarms .
This policy is not part of any employment or any other contract. London Fire Alarms, may amend this policy from time to time. in line with the needs and practices of our business.
Part 1: Policy details
- What does this policy cover and who is covered?
- All customers, staff, contractors and workers and other persons affected by the work we undertake are covered by London Fire Alarms’ health and safety policy.
- Our policy is to:
- Understand the health and safety risks arising from our work activities.
- Ensure adequate control of those health and safety risks.
- Consult with our customers on matters affecting their health and safety.
- Provide and maintain safe plant and equipment.
- Ensure safe handling and use of substances.
- Provide the necessary information, instruction and supervision for employees.
- Ensure all employees are competent to do their tasks, and to give them adequate training.
- Prevent accidents and cases of work-related ill-health.
- Maintain safe and healthy working conditions.
- Review and revise this policy as necessary at regular intervals.
Part 2: Key responsibilities
- The ultimate responsibility for health and safety within London Fire Alarms lies with Terry.
- The person who is responsible for insuring that the policy is implemented is Terry.
- London Fire Alarms will take care to follow any health and safety rules, regulations and security requirements that apply at The Customer’s site, which The Customer shall make known.
- The customer must inform London Fire Alarms of any working conditions, operations or processes at The Customer’s Site that may be hazardous, and London Fire Alarms will reserve the right to withdraw from The Site if any significant hazard becomes apparent.
- All those covered by our policy must:
- Co-operate with London Fire Alarms on health and safety matters.
- Not interfere with or misuse anything provided to safeguard their health and safety.
- Take reasonable care of their own health and safety and that of others.
- Report all health and safety concerns immediately to London Fire Alarms.
Part 3: Arrangements
- Risk Assessments
- Risk assessments for each place of work will be carried out by, reviewed by, and actioned by Terry of London Fire Alarms. A copy will be available upon request to the customer.
- Plant and Equipment
- Any Plant and equipment will only be brought onto a customer’s site by London Fire Alarms with permission of the customer and will be arranged and maintained by Terry. Any problems suspected with this plant and equipment should be immediately reported to Him.
- Safe Handling and Use of Substances
- Any COSH assessments necessary for substances brought onto site will be undertaken by, with actions being identified and implemented by, and findings communicated to the customer by, and assessments reviewed, all by Terry of London Fire Alarms.
- Accidents, First Aid and Work-Related Ill-Health
- Any accidents or First Aid issues relating in any way to London Fire Alarms should be reported immediately to Terry and to the customer and should be recorded in the customer’s accident recording book.
Date 20 December 2022
Review date 20 December 2023